As I like StarDict much, I decided to hack scripts that will convert some useful dictionaries to it's format.
Recent blog posts about StarDict
- New tools for generating StarDict dictionaries
July 11, 2013, 6:20 p.m.
- Dictionaries for N9/N950
Jan. 26, 2012, 4:30 p.m.
- StarDict dictionaries for openSUSE
May 9, 2011, 4:23 p.m.
- No new dictionaries tarballs on no change
May 9, 2011, 2:47 p.m.
- German-Czech dictionary for Debian
Feb. 21, 2011, 5:53 p.m.
English-Czech dictionary for StarDict
Daily snapshots of GNU/FDL Anglicko-Český slovník.
German-Czech dictionary for StarDict
Daily snapshots of Česko-německý GNU/FDL slovník.
Czech foreign words dictionary for StarDict
Daily snapshots of ABZ.cz: slovník cizích slov.
Dicts.info website provide variety of dictionaries. You can download them there, but they prohibit further distribution, so I can not provide prebuilt dictionaries here. However you can download conversion tool bellow and use it to do conversion yourself.
Unpack downloaded file content to a directory where StarDict looks for dictionaries (
/usr/share/stardict/dic by default, or
C:\Program files\stardict\dic\ on Windows, or
/opt/gtk/usr/share/stardict/dic on Mac OS X).
You can download builds from download server.
- English-Czech dictionary (4.0 MiB)
- English-Czech dictionary without accents (3.9 MiB)
- English-Czech dictionary without accents and tags (3.7 MiB)
- English-Czech dictionary without tags (3.8 MiB)
- German-Czech dictionary (44.9 KiB)
- German-Czech dictionary without accents (43.2 KiB)
- German-Czech dictionary without accents and tags (41.5 KiB)
- German-Czech dictionary without tags (42.2 KiB)
- Czech foreign words dictionary (665.5 KiB)
Debian GNU/Linux users can use
non-free section on any Debian
mirror for monthly releases or daily builds in my APT repository.
RPM based distributions can find packages in Education project in the openSUSE Build Service.
If you want to create package for your favorite distribution, you might be interested in "stable" builds which are added each month.
Development uses Git as a version control system.
- Repository checkout:
git clone git://github.com/nijel/stardicter.git
- Web browser: GitHub
- Statistics: Ohloh.net
Use GitHub issue tracker for reporting bugs. You can provide patches there as well.
Support this project
Do you like this project? You can contribute to it either using your work (patches are welcome) or you can donate to the author.